Foreigners´health centre and dental care charges in English
Foreigners’ health centre and dental care charges
at the Kainuu Social and Health Care Joint Authority
Urgent treatment is provided irrespective of nationality if the severity of the illness so requires (unpredictable illness).
EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, Australia, Quebec: The patient has a European Health Insurance Card or an E111, E112, E121 or S1 form. For citizens of the Nordic Countries and the United Kingdom, a passport, sickness insurance card or ID card is sufficient. Charges are the same as for Finnish citizens.
Patients will be charged the actual cost if they do not have the forms listed above
or if they come from a country without a reciprocal social security agreement (countries other than those listed above).
Non-urgent treatment is given on the basis of a doctor’s assessment of the need for treatment. Non-urgent treatment refers to chronic illnesses and clinic services.
EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, Australia, Quebec: Border workers resident in Finland, employees posted to Finland and accompanying non-working family members, seafarers and accompanying non-working family members, and students are among those who may be entitled to non-urgent treatment. The patient charges will be the same as for Finnish citizens provided that the customer can demonstrate his or her entitlement to treatment benefits.
Countries without a reciprocal social security agreement: Fees are charged on the basis of actual costs.
A person residing in Finland permanently is entitled to the full range of health centre services.
Fees for health centre treatment or dental care charged at actual cost (patient without a
European Health Insurance Card, form or certificate):
- under 18 years of age, visit to doctor’s surgery €181,60
- under 18 years of age, visit to nurse’s/public health nurse’s clinic €92,80
- over 18 years of age, visit to doctor’s surgery, patient charge €20,90 + standard municipal charge €166,60 for the first three visits, in total €187,50 and €181,60 for subsequent visits
- over 18 years of age, visit to nurse’s/public health nurse’s clinic, patient charge €20,90 + standard municipal charge €85,10 for the first three visits, in total €106,00 and €92,80 for subsequent visits
- visit to dental care, patient charge (dental hygienist €10,30, dentist €13,30, specialized dentist €19,40) + standard municipal charge €127,80, total €138,10 – 147,20 €/visit
- visit during doctor’s emergency duty (emergency duty fee on day before public holidays) over 18 years old €20,90/visit + standard municipal charge €166,60, total €187,50
- visit during doctor’s emergency duty (weekends, days before public holidays falling on a weekend and public holidays that fall in the working week) over 18 years old €28,70/visit + standard municipal fee €166,60, total €195,30
Instructions Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela): If you fall ill in Finland
Kela - Jos sairastut (If you fall ill)
Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela): Instructions for public health care units for notifying illness and maternity benefits and claiming compensation from the state.
Kela - Ulkomaalaisen terveydenhuolto Suomessa (Health care for foreigners in Finland)
Kuntaliitto (The Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities). Yleiskirje 9/80/2008 Valtion varoista korvauksia ulkomailla (Circular 9/80/2008 on compensation from state funds for health care for patients domiciled abroad).
Kunnat.net - Valtion varoista korvausta ulkomailla kotipaikan omaavien sairaanhoidosta vuoden 2008 alusta
Director of Health Services