Information on COVID-19 (Corona virus)
Situation in Kainuu
- Corona epidemic is yet on. The risk of exposition is moderate, but increasing.
- Not applicable
- Get Covid19 vaccines when offered. Vaccines provide effective protection against severe covid19-disease.
If you get symptoms related to Covid-disease, it is recommended voluntarily to avoid contacts outside your household at least 5 days. You may take a home test for COVID19.
Remember hygiene: Wash hands, use a face mask and keep safety distance with other people and maintain good ventilation in order to minimize infections.
Using a face mask by your own choice. If you're exposed to Covid infection, you may work or go to school if you've no symptoms (using a face mask)
If you get symptoms related to Covid-disease, take a home tesi (antigene test). Testing in health care is recommended if
- you have severe symptoms or
- you are in risk group (elderly persons or certain diseases/conditions) or
- you are pregnant or
- you are working in social and health care
COVID testing at Kajaani (Satamakatu 2; ex-health center) Mon - Thu at 8.30 – 15.30, Fri 8.30 - 14.30 (booking only: omasote.kainuu.fi or by phone 040 165 0020.
Testing in other municipalities at local health centers only on Mon-Fri.
Situation in Finland (Update information provided by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare)
Further detailed information on travelling / crossing Finnish border (Border Guard Finland)
Information COVID19 Certificate. The EU COVID-19 certificate contains three different certificates: A certificate for being vaccinated against COVID-19, a certificate of a negative test result and a certificate of having recovered from COVID-19.
COVID19 VACCINATIONS IN KAINUU
(updated 26.9. 2022)
Booster vaccination for covid in autumn 2022
As of September it is irrelevant how many covid vaccine doses or covid diseases you have had before.
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare is recommending booster vaccines to be delivered in autumn 2022 for
- 65+ years of age
- 18+ years of age in medical risk groups (see risk groups)
- 12+ years of age suffering from severe immune deprivation
The booster may be exceptionally offered for other 18+ people if special need applies (individually assessed, e.g travelling to certain destinations).
In Kainuu region booster vaccinations are delivered step by step starting in older groups.
As of 26th of Sept 2022 a booster (so called variant vaccine) is offered at least 3 months after last covid vaccine or covid disease
- for people 75 years of age or older
- for 12+ years of age suffering from severe immune deprivation
Other groups will be informed in becoming week .
Vaccinations are mainly offered without an appointment. The possibility of making an appointment will be announced separately.
HYRYNSALMI Health Centre, no appointment
- 28.9. at 8-12.00
- 10.10. at 8-12.00
KAJAANI Kaukametsä Learning Centre (Koskikatu 4B), no appointment
- 26.-28.9. at 8.30-15.30
- 3.-5.10. at 8.30-15.30
KUHMO Learning Centre (Piilolantie 47), no appointment
- 27.-28.9. at 9-15.00
- 5.10. at 9-12.00
PALTAMO, parental clinic, appointment only
- 30.9. at 12.-15.30
- 6.10. at 9-15.30
RISTIJÄRVI, parental clinic, appointment only
- 27.9 at 12.30-15.30
- 11.10. at 10-15.30
SOTKAMO Health Centre, no appointment
- 27.-28.9. at 9.00–11.00 ja 12–15.30
- 4.10. at 9-12.00
SUOMUSSALMI Health Centre, no appointment
- 27.9. at 9-15.00
- 4.10. at 9-15.00
General Information on COVID Vaccination
How to get a covid vaccination! Presentation translated in several languages (arabian, kurdi, somalian, russian)
Ask for vaccinations! - webinar recorded (translated in english, russian, estonian, sorani, arabian, somalian)
Vaccinations and corona virus Finnish | Swedish | English Russian| Estonian| French| Somali | Spanish | Turkish| Chinese | Persian | Arabic | Sorani| Albania | Thai | Vietnamese | Slovakian
Materials in different languages
- After getting a COVID-19 vaccine (in English) (pdf 88 kt)
- Hagis loogu talaggalay qofka qaatay tallaalka feyruska korona (Af-Somaali) (pdf 88 kt)
- Инструкции для сделавших прививку от коронавирусной инфекции (Русский язык) (pdf 88 kt)
How to - Basic COVID-information in Kainuu
Kainuu Social and Health Care Joint Authority (Kainuun sote) is responsible for all health services in Kainuu Region. If you need urgent medical care, please call our
- Medical Helpline tel: 116 117. In an urgent or life threatening emergency, call the emergency number 112 instead.
Get tested in Kainuu
Public testing is targeted for staff working in social and health care sector, people in medical risk groups (incl. pregnancy) or with severe or long symptoms
1. Wear a face mask
2. Call +358 40 165 0020 to book a test appointment (this number is only for booking COVID test; not a medical help line)
- Mon - Fri at 8.30 - 15.30 Mon-Thu 8.30-15.30, Fri at 8.30-14.30 (Address: Satamakatu 2, former Health Centre main entrance).
- Only office hours in local Health Centers:
Test result is informed by text message (SMS) - please check your mobile number when booking the test! Testing is free of charge (in arrival test or acute illness).
3. Go to accommodation and stay!
- After the test go back to your accommodation, nowhere else. Wear a face mask!
- Wait until you get the result
Instructions for tested persons:
NB! Test result is informed by text message (SMS) - please check your mobile number when booking the test!
Testing is free of charge (in arrival test or acute illness)
- If you need more information and material on COVID-19 please check our material page
Help us to decline the COVID-19 epidemic!